The centerpiece of it all. A scalable workflow portal for unified worklists and remote collaboration
Learn more about:
AbbaDox is our Workflow Portal in the cloud that allows organizations to rapidly and cost-effectively automate their patient documentation processes. Centered on powerful electronic patient charts, AbbaDox features a comprehensive suite of tools that securely archive patient data and seamlessly integrate into existing work processes with minimal change of behavior.
A centerpiece of our transcription services, AbbaDox provides enhanced distribution and collaboration and enables truly paperless processes. The system provides electronic report signatures, enables remote billers to securely access and code patient visits, and serves as an interactive dashboard that provides administrators with key information regarding key organizational processes.
With AbbaDox, your organization can:
- Implement a customized reporting workflow that automates existing processes
- Dictate or create reports based on your templates
- Sign reports electronically
- Facilitate secure distribution
- Receive automatic report status notifications
- Track document access and system usage
- Archive directly to online patient charts
- Immediately locate any document or patient record
- Download lab results
- Interface with any third-party scheduling, billing and management system
AbbaDox facilitates the secure distribution of documents individually or in batches via fax, e-mail or forwarding within an organization without jeopardizing data integrity or the security of a patient’s PHI. AbbaDox also enables organizations to send entire charts or documents from multiple patients rather than manually distributing files one at a time.
- Faxing – Expedite the distribution of reports to referrings via automatic or manual faxing. Review fax status (successful, unsuccessful or pending), print confirmations and resend reports via the Fax Tracker feature.
- e-Mail – IDS has two ways to securely e-mail reports to referrings while still maintaining HIPAA compliance. (1) E-mail a secure log in invitation and choose access limits by documents, predetermined time frame or number of views. (2) Send password protected PDF reports directly to referrings using previously agreed-upon passwords.
- Referrer Login – Provide referrings with their own login accounts to retrieve their patient reports from AbbaDox. Audit logs record and report all system activity.
- Scheduled Printing – Organizations producing a high volume of reports can use our QuickPrint feature, a rules-based printing application that automatically sends batch reports to your networked printers at specified times of the day or week.
IDS interfaces with two of the largest labs in the United States, Quest Diagnostics® and LabCorp®, to automatically download and post test results directly into patient’s corresponding electronic charts. Results are color-coded or flagged to denote positive, negative, inconclusive or partial results, and can be printed or sent to any third-party management system.
Ensuring the integrity and security of patient information is paramount. As a centralized repository for confidential patient information, AbbaDox was designed for compliance with HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley. The system features multiple layers of security, including the ability to establish user-specific settings, and auditing based on document access and user activity.
- Role-Based Security – User access to records and features are based on individual settings determined by the system administrator. For example, providers may only see reports relevant to their assigned cases or studies. AbbaDox can also restrict any user’s ability to delete a document from the system or reopen a previously signed report.
- Audit Logs – All documents have an associated audit log that records every action related to the file, including viewing, printing and faxing, date and time, user name, activity performed, IP address, and distribution details.
- Activity Logs – Similar to audit logs, activity logs report all activities performed across the system. Administrators can view a summary report that identifies user sessions by time frame, or a detailed log that includes document and charts accessed and the activities performed by user.
- Physical Safeguards – Our primary servers are located at the NAP of the Americas, one of the world’s most secure network access points. The facility is fortified with redundancies in power, environmental controls, connectivity and physical security. IDS also maintains secondary servers at a separate location and performs hourly data backups.