Implementing charge technology enables you to increase revenue and lower coding and billing administration costs.
AbbaDox Charge Capture enables physicians on the go to securely record charge capture details using desktop computers, tablets and smartphones. The cloud solution allows physicians to access a list of assigned patients, and in just seconds they can record charges, CPT and ICD codes, and notes. The application shortens revenue cycle, and because it integrates with existing HIMs, little investment is required. Moreover, deployment time is weeks rather than months.
The application takes a distributed approach to charge capture, so while physicians at the point of care document charge information, an instant data transfer occurs allowing the billing department to immediately see charges for claims processing. To prevent missed charges, the physician receives alerts to address patient visits that have not been coded. Imagine no more lost or missed charges!
AbbaDox Charge Capture offers a companion workflow that is ideal for nurses, coders and administrators. The application features an intuitive interface with workflow bins designed for specific roles. This keeps users on task and encourages higher productivity levels. Nursing or departmental administrators can manage patient lists and even reassign patients to different physicians. The integrated worklist design offers greater accuracy and tighter control.
Once coded by the physician, the charge information uploads immediately to the AbbaDox coding workflow, allowing coders to review, edit or request clarification on specific charges.
Billing managers and healthcare administrators have the ability to oversee and improve processes with analytics. The reports offer insight into what historically had been a convoluted process, lacking transparency. Our technology enables you to track each point of the process.
The detailed reports available will let you see:
Charges ready to be billed
Daily tallies by physician
RVU totals by physician
With Abbadox Charge Capture, you can:
- Manage charge capture in less than thirty seconds
- Code at the point of care or a physician workstation
- Search for codes using predictive text
- Share data with HIM systems
- Manage and reassign patient worklists
- Filter by physician, department, floor, etc.
- Accurately code services
- Minimize missed or lost charges
- Reduce claim submission time
- Reduce the chance of audits
- Improve processes with analytics
- Manage Patient Lists – For inpatient settings, hospitalists have an up-to-date patient list, by location, directly from the hospital HIM system.
- Eliminate Lost Charges – Electronic charge capture ensures that every charge is properly managed and submitted to the billing department.
- Reduce Claim Submission Time – With an automated billing process from point of care to coding, the AbbaDox Charge Capture solution will reduce billing timelines to a matter of hours, on average.
- Fast ROI – Hospitals achieve a rapid return on investment through faster billing processes and accurate charge documentation at the point of care.