The application takes a distributed approach to charge capture, so while physicians at the point of care document charge information, an instant data transfer occurs allowing the billing department to immediately see charges for claims processing. To prevent missed charges, the physician receives alerts to address outstanding or incomplete records. Imagine no more lost or missed charges!
AbbaDox Charge Capture also has a desktop version which is ideal for nurses, coders and administrators. The application features an intuitive interface with workflow bins designed for specific roles. This keeps users on task and encourages high levels of productivity. The integrated worklist design offers greater accuracy and tighter control. Nursing or departmental administrators can manage patient lists and reassign patients to different physicians as needed.
Once coded by the physician, the charge information uploads immediately to the AbbaDox coding workflow, allowing coders to review, edit or request clarification on specific charges.
Billing managers and healthcare administrators have the ability to oversee and improve processes with analytics. Here are some of the detailed reports available in AbbaDox Charge Capture:
- Missed charges
- Waiting to be billed
- Daily tally by physician
- RVU totals by physician
WITH THE ABBADOX CHARGE CAPTURE SOLUTION, YOU CAN:
- Manage charge capture at the point of care in less than thirty seconds
- Share data with HIM systems
- Manage and reassign patient worklists
- Filter by physician, department, floor, etc.
- Search for codes using predictive text
- Accurately code services
- Eliminate missed or lost charges
- Reduce claim submission time
- Reduce the chance of audits
- Improve processes with analytics
- Eliminate Lost Charges – For inpatient settings, hospitalists have an up-to-date patient list, by location, directly from the hospital HIM system.
- Eliminate Lost Charges – Electronic charge capture ensures that every charge is properly managed and submitted to the billing department.
- Reduce Charge Lag – With an automated billing process from point of care to coding, the AbbaDox Charge Capture solution will reduce billing timelines to a matter of hours, on average.
- Fast ROI – Hospitals achieve a rapid return on investment through faster billing processes and accurate charge documentation at the point of care.